I am right now trying to convince Jay-R to go to sleep. He should be tired after a busy day of church and swimming with his cousins. It's almost 10 pm and we need to all be going to bed. We got home from Kory's parents house and had to take Ashleigh to her BFF's house for the night due to our early departure time tomorrow. Jay-R cried all the way home, "I want my Ate!" Ashleigh was exceptionally quiet all afternoon. She really wants to be at his surgery tomorrow but there is only 3 days left of school and she already missed almost 2 weeks this semester for our Philippines trip. So anyway, right now he is winding down but keeps talking. He just told me "cereal first" meaning he wants his cereal tomorrow before his surgery. He knows he can't eat when he wakes up in the morning. We explained that he was going to the hospital (he was there once for pre-op stuff), they would give him something to make him sleepy and then they would work on his teeth while he was sleepy and Mommy and Daddy would be there when he woke up. He seems okay with. There have been mornings when he wakes up and asks me to call the dentist so I know his teeth hurt. The surgery is scheduled at 7:30 am tomorrow (Monday)...if you get a chance, say a prayer for Jay-R and his Mommy and Daddy...and his sister who would rather be with him than at school. We'll give everyone a post surgery update tomorrow night.
ps-He's asleep! :)
4 comments:
We all said a prayer for Jay-R and all of you today. Hope all went well. Keep us posted. Ashleigh, I especially said a prayer for you and I hope you had a good day at school even though you were thinking of your little brother. We love you all.
Tonya, Doug, Jesse & Jennifer
We are saying prayers for you. It is so hard to bring a child in for surgery, for everyone. Even though you know that after it he will be so much better, it is so hard to watch and be helpless. I can't wait to read your update tonight.
I hope that everything went well this morning and that Jay-R is starting to feel better. I'll be thinking of you guys and take care.
I hope that the surgery went well today...poor Jay-R, I hope that he's not in too much pain! My thoughts are with you and your family. Take care, and keep us posted :0)
Post a Comment