Jay-R has experienced his first American thunderstorm tonight. I was sitting in his bedroom on my computer while he was lying in his bed...our nightly routine. All of a sudden, a huge clap of thunder exploded followed by lightening. Jay-R sat up in his bed and whispered, "I'm not sleepy anymore." I went to him and he clung to me tight! He was scared and on the verge of tears. So, he is sleeping with his Ate Ashleigh tonight who has graduated from being afraid of thunderstorms. Big sis will keep him safe tonight and he knows tomorrow it's back to his bed unless (he tells me), there's another "boom, boom!"
On another note, Jay-R had his first teeball game. We made it before the rain. It was cute watching the boys run the bases...from first to pitcher's mound....too cute! In teeball, everyone bats, everyone runs, no one sits the bench, and no one is out. Everyone is a winner and there are treats after the game. Life doesn't get better than that!
3 comments:
Oh this is SO sweet. Ashleigh is such a great ate. I'm sure it feels incredibly reassuring for Jay-R to have his big sis so close by for those scary booms!
I'm the big wimp in our house when it comes to storms. There are many a night when we spend an evening sleeping in the basement because mommy is paranoid. I'm glad he felt so safe with you and Ashleigh to protect him.
When my husband and I were staying over at my in-law's a couple of years ago, we were awoken in the middle of the night by a loud BANG! We thought it was lightening that hit a tree in the yard...but in fact, when my father-in-law went downstairs to check it out, it turned out that the house was hit! It was pretty freaky! We were very lucky that there wasn't a fire. Ashleigh sounds like she's a great ate to Jay-R!
Post a Comment