Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Saturday was our anniversary. We enjoyed our first night out sans children in months. My cousin and her husband kept the kids for us. We had to rethink our original plans of pizza and a nature walk due to the cold (will it ever warm up?) and decided to try Smoky Bones. We enjoyed the pulled pork and then did some window shopping at our favorite stores. We didn't buy much but enjoyed being together. The kids had a blast eating out, playing soccer, playing at the park, and just hanging out with my cousins. Jay-R learned some new phrases such as "Hey baby" and "Hey girlfriend." Thanks Chris for that one! It's cute...what can I say? He also did a cart wheel for the first time for us. He is such a monkey. Everyone had a great time. It was encouraging to see Jay-R bond so quickly with my cousin's husband because he is usually hesitant around men.

Today, Ashleigh did a presentation on the Philippines for her Social Studies class. Jay-R wore his barong to school to show the class the national Filipino shirt. He looks so handsome in that outfit. Ashleigh did a great job presenting to her class. She used Powerpoint and her class had many questions for her. She gave everyone a peso and some dried Filipino mango.

I'll post some pictures soon. I am awful about uploading my pictures. Both my SD cards are full! We got some great pictures Mother's Day of the kids. I will try to post those this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you got to go on a real date!! I hope it was refreshing for you. How fun that Ashleigh got to present about the Philippines. I can't wait until Eze can fit into the barong we got him in the PI. I loved seeing Jay-R in his barong in your other pics!

Amber said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I hope that you and your husband have many more happy years together ;0)
Ashleigh's presentation on the Philippines sounds like it was a big success ;0) I'm glad that it went well! I think it's really neat that Jay-R was involved too...a nice experience for both of them.

Renee and Brian said...

Happy anniversary! It must have felt good to get out alone, just the two of you. The dried mangoes sounded so good! I'm glad to hear that the presentation was a hit. I always hated doing presentations in front of my class when I was young so good for Ashleigh.

Anonymous said...

Happy aniversary!!! I hope you had a aswome time!!!! I enjoyed ashleighs presentation! Jay-R Was shy!!! I love you all!!!