Yes, we made the front page of our local newspaper. They did a story about Jay-R's adoption. They had called asking if they could talk to us. I love to talk to people about our adoption experience and to raise awareness about adoption. At this point, we have settled into a comfortable routine, and none of us could imagine our life without this boy with boundless energy.
Here is the link to the article (sans color photo): http://www.ourtownsnews.com/FUL/phillipine-adoption
I am looking forward to some girl time with Ash and her friend tomorrow. We are going to see the Hannah Montana movie. I'm not a big fan of the show but the movie previews look good. Kory is going to work on baseball with Jay-R. He has his first practice on Tuesday and he is so excited!
I promise to post pictures soon. The problem with digital cameras is it is soo easy to take a million pictures and then leave them on that little SD card. Since our Philippines trip, I have around 600 pictures I need to sort through and decide what I want to print. I have some pictures of him playing with his sand table and from our Butterfly House outing which he loved. I'll try to post them this weekend.
5 comments:
Great article! So nice to hear that everything is going well and that Jay-R is adapting well to his home and his family!
They did such a great job with that article! I love that your story is out there now, hopefully encouraging other families who may be thinking of adoption as well. I wish we could have seen the picture they used! Have a great time with girls' day.
Tammy, the article was well done and it is good reading for other families who are going through the process or who are considering adoption. What did Jay-R think of seeing himself in the paper?
Wow, Jay-R is a star! I think it's wonderful that they wrote this article to inform people about adoption from the Philippines. It's such a positive story...which is very encouraging for those considering adoption, or currently going through the process like us! I can't wait to see the pictures..
I can't believe I "know" a "celebrity" how exciting to be in the paper. I'm so glad they did that and that you are adjusting well. I really look to you and your adventures for advice and guidance.
Post a Comment