That was one of the first things Jay-R said when I picked him up from school today. That was music to my ears. Tuesday and today he did "trial" runs and stayed at school until 2:30 meaning he has experienced naptime twice. He has adamantly told me for weeks, "no sleep at school." The teachers at school reassured me that he did not need to sleep, only to be quiet on his cot. I brought books and the picture album he had at White Cross along with a family picture including him added to it. He fell asleep both today and Tuesday at school. He told me that he slept and that he cried. I wasn't surprised he cried. I'm sure he felt disoriented when he woke up and he never really wakes up pleasantly from short naps even at home unless we are in the car going somewhere he is excited about. His teacher said he did really well. This really reassured me. Jay-R has his oral surgery on Monday and then I return to work full-time on Wednesday. I left his school today with a really good feeling and a sense of calmness and peace. I've been praying about this transition of me returning to my full-time job. Occasionally, I have to work 12 hour days at work but we will cross that bridge when it comes. For now, I am enjoying my last few days with him as a stay-at-home mommy and I promise to upload those camping pics soon!
On another note, I attended our daughter's year end awards program at school. She earned many different awards and a trophy for 200 Accelerated reading points. She also received the Presidential Scholar award but she's not convinced that President Obama signed all those awards. We are very proud of her and her desire to help Jay-R be prepared for kindergarten as well.
2 comments:
He didnt sign it Tammy it was a copy. Keep up the good work!!!!
Love You!
So glad to hear that Jay-R is adapting well to school. It must be so reassuring to know that he is doing ok. Enjoy your last days as a stay at home mom! Congratulations to your daughter!
Post a Comment