Monday, May 11, 2009

Growing in so many ways...

Jay-R is going through a growth spurt!

Lately, he has been eating like crazy. He eats all of his meal and then says he is still hungry! He ate an entire Wendy's kids meal and extras and was still hungry. He has also been trying new foods. He usually doesn't like them, but he is trying things. That is all we ask of him. Today, he told me he didn't like yogurt. I told him to please try it. He ate it all!

And, the sleep issue...we have a routine established with stories and all that. He has been waking up less at night and when he does, all I have to do is walk him or carry him back to his bed, tuck him in, and make sure his music is on. He goes right back to sleep.

The English is coming...he says new words every day. He wanted to work on his kindergarten ready pack today and he wrote his numbers willingly. He repeats new phrases as if he is processing them in his mind what it means.

It is fun to see the world through his eyes. We took him hiking in the woods on Mother's Day and he loved seeing a deer and walking through the woods. We can't wait to take him camping. We have a pop-up camper and he doesn't understand how we along with 2 dogs are going to sleep in there. He enjoyed his first S'mores at a friends house this weekend, and he loved it. It is also such a blessing to watch the brother sister relationship between him and Ashleigh evolve. They get along so well. He gets to go to Ashleigh's school next week for a presentation on the Philippines which he is looking forward to. So many changes in such a short time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see the presentation!!! He is going to love and so am I!!!!!

Julie said...

I love reading about how well everything is going. I am still a little nervous, but hoping for the best for our little girl fitting in. I'm glad to hear that he is eating so well and trying new things, it must be so fun to watch.