Post placement visit number two is completed....two more to go. The two visits have went fine. Our social worker asks a lot of questions about Jay-R's adjustment and as we answer, she observes Jay-R as he runs through the room with his sister on the way upstairs to play together. From watching him, it's easy to tell, he is adusting rather well!
When we were on our first leg of this adoption journey and compiling our dossier, our international agency closed their office in our state forcing us to find another social worker to handle the things that needed done locally and not long distance. (Our international agency is two states away). That was hard. Anyone going through the adoption process knows and understands how important it is that you have a good rapport with your social worker. I joke that my social worker knows more about me than my own mother! You have to share personal details of your life. So, anyway, we found another social worker and we like her, too. Only, we found out at our post placement meeting that she is changing job positions with another agency so....here we go again! If possible, we may be able to transfer things to another agency and continue to use our current social worker. I need to research if there are any costs in transferring a competed homestudy. We do not need any additional, unexpected costs!
3 comments:
Ugh, that would be hard to change up the social worker so much! I hope you don't have to pay any extra either. Isn't it kinda strange how they know more about us than anyone else??
I hope it gets better!!!! When are you going to post pictures? Oh ya HAPPY CAMPING!!!!!!!!
I trust you will make it through this too. God is good and always makes a way.
On another note...I have a friend that works with an adoption agency in Japan, she lives in Okinawa. They have several downs boys that need adopting ASAP. Do you know any families that would be interested? I can connect them with her. They have adopted three children from the agency (it's Christain based) two of the three have downs syndrome.
Post a Comment