This was what I was dreading when I had to go back to work. Life is so crazy!
There is always something that needs done...like our re-occurring green pool. We are not sure what the problem is this year, but our pool keeps turning green. It looks nice for a few days and then the green returns. I'm all for going green but not in my pool! I dumped a bunch of chemicals in tonight so hopefully tomorrow morning, it will be a little clearer.
Jay-R is now officially on a kindergarten roster! This is a relief because school starts in a month which reminds me that we have the kindergarten packet we need to finish working on. His preschool teacher had a mini conference with me which was encouraging to see everything he has been working on. At home, it's all about play. It's hard to get him to sit down to work on letters and things in the evening, and we have just been really busy.
Along the adoption news, we have one more post placement visit which will happen in September. And, we have found an adoption attorney who will work with us when we have to go to court to finalize which will hopefully occur in October, November at the latest. I've never set foot in a court room. My husband...well just a few times for those teenage speeding tickets!
I am really trying to find a sense of balance. Before Ashleigh went to soccer camp, we had a heart to heart about her one on one time with her parents. She is really missing this. My friend who adopted a little girl had told me to be really mindful of my daughter's feelings. She said when they adopted their little girl, their older daughter was really excited and loved to show off her sister to everyone (like Ash) but she really missed her mom time. We are trying to set aside time just for her. Since Jay-R goes to bed so much easier and sleeps through the night most nights, this is becoming a little easier. Ashleigh and I have a shopping date planned in a few weeks, too. My friends who have more than one child have made comments about how hard it is to divide time and attention between two children. It is a challenge. And besides one on one time with my kids, I need one on one time with me. I am an introvert. I love people but I need my quiet time to myself. I just read an article about introverts and it made a reference to introverts becoming irritated when they don't have enough time to themselves. I don't need a lot of time...just a few quiet moments. I love the mornings. I'm trying to get more sleep, too, and trying to start exercising again. And, I need to start writing again. (Most writers are introverts :) ). I received some great encouragement today and I am determined to get back into my writing. I write Christian fiction and belong to American Christian Fiction Writers. I'm aspiring, not published yet, but I love to write. I'm hoping to go to the ACFW conference in 2010 so that gives me a year to work on things.
So, even though life is crazy with an 11 year old and 5 year old and Vacation Bible School week starts Sunday...I wouldn't trade it for anything. I know the years go by fast and soon our nest will be empty. So it's up to me to figure out how to find balance and figure out how to win the rat race. I know I need to take care of me so I can take care of my family. And some things just aren't as important. That dust on the piano will just have to stay there one more day....
2 comments:
Wow, you're a writer. Very impressive. I definitely believe that time to yourself every now and then is very important just to keep everything balanced. I can see how it would be difficult to juggle spending individual time with each child. It sounds like your doing a great job with it. Keep up the good work!
Sorry to hear that the pool is green, hope you figure that one out. I'm so happy to hear that Jay-R is on the roster. I know you knew it would happen, but why have one more thing to think about and deal with. You are so wonderful to make sure everyone in the family has time (make sure you include yourself)doing what they need to do to be part of the family. Also, Ryan is an aspiring author also. He has written one book, not published. He writes fantasy and is looking for an agent. Good luck with your writing.
Post a Comment