Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Names...

Have you ever typed your name in a google search just to see who else out there has the same name as you or if you can find anything on the internet about you? I've done it, and there are lots of people with my name out there. Well, just out of curiosity, I typed Jay-R in the google search...just his first name to see if it would bring up anything. Well, lo and behold, there is a Filipino singer named Jay-R. We are thinking given the unique spelling of our son's name, that maybe he might have been named after this singer. Here's his website:
http://www.jayrsmusic.com/
Apparently, he's pretty popular in the Philippines and his albums have done very well. I just found this very interesting. I showed Jay-R the website of singer Jay-R and my Jay-R said, "That's me, big!" I corrected him that no, it wasn't going to be him when he was bigger, they just had the same name. He has a Christmas album out that I think I will get Jay-R. I listened to some music on youtube. He has a good voice, very R&B. We found that to be very interesting, and it gives some insight into the possible story behind Jay-R's name. It's nice to know the story behind your name. We chose Ashleigh's name because it was the only girl's name we both agreed on, and the spelling was a last minute decision. She was going to be Ashlee but someone a few grades younger than me spelled it with leigh, and I always thought it was pretty. The story of names...

An update on Baby J...we visited them at the hospital tonight. He is doing better. He has to stay 14 days to finish off the course of antibiotics but all tests are looking okay. Of course, doctors will want to keep a watch on him. With bacterial meningitis, there is risk of seizure activity. Thanks for your continued prayers! It was great to see my cousin, and I even got to hold that precious little babe!

5 comments:

Amber said...

So Jay-R is probably named after a popular Filipino singer? That's cool! Hey, who knows...maybe that will be what he becomes too when he's older :0)
I'm glad to hear that baby J is doing better! Keep us posted...

Julie said...

Glad to hear that baby J is doing better, hopefully the entire journey back to health will be positive.
I checked out Jay-R's website, how fun to find the same name.

Anonymous said...

Thats so cool! I looked at his site and on utube,and he is a good singer!

Anonymous said...

I love that Jay-R thought that was him as a grown up :) Made me giggle a little out loud.

Renee and Brian said...

I'm happy to hear that Baby J is improving and that things are looking up.
How neat that Jay-R was possibly named after a singer. It is quite possible as many of my friends were named after soap stars.