

Jay-R is a ball of energy! He is full of stories, full of action, full of ideas. Each day is another day to play and explore. I had a brief meeting with his preschool teacher this morning and lo and behold that boy does know his letters. She had page after page of letters he had written. At home, it is hard to find time to sit him down to work on things and then when we do have time, he would rather play and it's like pulling teeth to get him to do anything without a bribe! So, it was reassuring to know how much he really does know when he applies himself in an academic setting.
Tonight, I am just feeling absolutely exhausted and so ready to go to bed. It has been dreary all day so that always makes a person tired. Things at work are really busy, things at home are really busy with just keeping the house up, and we have adoption paperwork we need to complete since we decided to change agencies in order to stay with our social worker who changed positions. Having two children, especially instant preschooler, is still an adjustment for us all. At 9 pm tonight, I was thinking, before Jay-R I was always in bed by 10 or 10:30. With Jay-R, there is the whole bedtime routine with stories, tucking in, the music, and now, staying in his room. It usually takes him about 15 minutes to fall asleep once he is settled in his bed. I keep wondering what a full-time job, two children in school (one kindergarten, one sixth grade) and coaching a kindergarten soccer team and assist coaching a U12 girls traveling soccer team, and church activities will be like in the fall....oh, and community band practice when I am able to make it. I know moms do it all the time but I am still adjusting. It's only been 4 months, so I am labeling myself as still adjusting. Truly, I am thankful how well things are going and how life feels "normal" most nights but every now and then, I have these completely exhausted days.
And this crazy July weather....where is summer? I'm posting some pictures in our pool to remind me and everyone else that it really is summer and it will come back...it has to!
7 comments:
Who is the other girl?
Thanks for posting those pics!
Wow you sure are busy! It's no wonder you're exhausted. I find that I am busy enough now. I can't imagine throwing two children into the mix. Thanks for the pictures.
The other girl is my daughter's friend Olivia. Jay-R just adores her!
Yeah, the weather over here hasn't been so great either...where is the summer?!
It sure sounds like you are super busy! Like you say, it's only been a few months...you only just went back to work, so it's no wonder you're still adjusting!! By the way, I think you and you're family are adjusting really well :0)
You can do it Tammy when you need to do it. Just remember to take care of yourself also when life gets busy. I often wonder what we can cut from our lives to make it less hectic and we don't want to cut anything, so we have to steal quiet moments sometimes with Friday family fun nights. I'm so glad to hear that Jay-R is doing well in school.
My goodness, that is a lot going on!!! I don't think I could do it all, I admire you. Ezekiel talks and talks and talks now, I have a feeling he'll be just like Jay-R when he is 5, and we'll hear non-stop stories. And people say girls talk a lot!
Post a Comment