

I was going to blog last night but I totally forgot about the 7:30 am soccer practice this morning so I opted to go to bed instead...tomorrow is my day off so I have all kinds of time right now. Ashleigh is reading to her brother and all is calm in my house at the moment.
This past weekend was a lot of fun. Friday night was a fun, stay at home, family movie night. Our second we've had with Jay-R. That kid loves TV. We watched Marley and Me. He was a little bored in the beginning but loved the crazy things Marley did. It reminded us all of our beloved Franklin who knocked my daughter into the splits position this morning by tugging on the toe of her soccer sock. Crazy dog! Jay-R was a bit confused by all the crying we were doing at the end of the movie and he wanted Mommy to stop so he could have the ice cream I promised.Saturday, I was able to spend some time with my sister and niece and nephew. That is always fun. My sister and I are only a year apart (I'm older) and we have always been close. My niece wanted to see cousins Jay-R, Ashleigh, and Uncle Kory because "they're really nice." So, she had told my sister to call Aunt Tammy. I was feeling a little left out...aren't I nice, too? Kids are funny.
Saturday night I had the awesome opportunity to meet my bloggy friend Rachel's parents, grandparents, uncle, and sister E. I was thrilled to death to meet them. They were in town for a wedding reception. Crazy that her sister married a guy from where I live of all places. We enjoyed nice visits. It felt like we had known each other for a long time. Jay-R warmed right up to them as you can see in the pics. I got to chat with Rachel on the phone. Too fun! We are hoping to meet someday. Adoption bonds people...the blog world has been such a source of support throughout this whole adoption process. I enjoy the connections with others who are adopting from the Philippines. I can't wait until we can get our two boys together....oh, the energy! Thanks Rachel for arranging everything...it was a lot of fun!
Sunday, Ashleigh and I went to a mother daughter lunch at Red Lobster. I love Red Lobster. We both had broiled fish. Ash is on a salad kick so she had a salad, too. Since she just got her braces Thursday, she is somewhat limited in what she can eat but she said the more dressing on the salad, the easier it is to eat! After lunch, we went to the Croswell Opera House, the oldest continuously running theater in Michigan. We saw High School Musical 2 on stage. It was a absolutely wonderful...really, it was professional quality. We both really enjoyed it.
It was a great weekend. I really enjoyed the time with Ashleigh, being able to chat in the car without any interruptions. I love my little boy but seriously, he talks non-stop from the moment he wakes up until the moment he goes to bed unless he is watching TV!
6 comments:
Aw, I have the biggest smile on my face right now!!!! I still can't believe that it all worked out for you to meet up with so many of my family members :) I can't wait for our get together someday!
I giggled when I read about Jay-R talking all of the time. Ezekiel fell asleep in the car on our way home from work tonight, and I savored a peaceful drive home. Man can that boy TALK!!
Okay, you can't come meet Rachel without coming to see us also :) How fun that you got to meet her family.
Glad you had a great weekend and I always think that more salad dressing makes the salad easier to eat and I don't even have braces,haha. Isn't it funny how girls get the reputation of talking so much and little boys are just as guilty? We often have to ask Liam to just take a break once in a while so we can get a word in.
As I was looking at your pictures, before I read your post, I thought "wow, that girl with Jay-R sure looks alot like Rachel!" I had to laugh when I learned it was her sister. It sure is a small world.
Movie night sounds like a great idea. I've heard about the movie Marley and Me but I could never watch it without crying throughout the whole thing.
Hi ashleigh! i LOvE your breaces! They look so cute!
how cool to see technology make the world smaller --in action!
Wow, Ash is looking so mature! We need to get together soon.
Post a Comment