Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Surreal Moment

Well, the flights are booked. We are leaving Friday the 13th...good thing we're not superstitious! I have so many things to do at work and home. I'm an Activity Director in a long term care facility so I'm used to planning for things months in advance but I don't know if it's March, June, April...my head is spinning with the many things that need done. Our daughter is traveling with us so we've been in contact with the schools so she can take her homework. We have felt that keeping Ashleigh involved is very important to helping her adjust as well. I have crying moments, overwhelmed moments, exhausted moments, excited moments...this is worse than being pregnant! There are so many emotions that exist...it's hard to put in words. We've been working, praying, dreaming for this day for 2 years. We've been praying for this little boy for 6 months. Everything is falling into place. God is so faithful and it amazes me every day He is blessing us with another child. Adoption has always been close to my heart. I believe God planted those seeds a long time ago. Lots of people make the statement about how blessed Jay-R will be to have a family. I think we are the ones who are being blessed with the gift of a precious child to love. We'll keep you all updated...

3 comments:

Renee and Brian said...

This will definitely be the luckiest Friday the 13th ever! You'd better get packing because in no time you will have your little boy in your arms!! Happy travels.

Julie said...

I can't even imagine all the thoughts in your head right now. My head is spinning and we are in the beginning stages. I wish you safe travels and I want to hear all about it when you get back home and adjust.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, I'm so excited for you. This is going to be one of the most wonderful times of your life. You're family is so blessed. Can't wait to hear all about your trip and your new son.