Saturday, March 28, 2009

Love Technology!

Hello! We have almost been home one week and in that time I have managed to fall down the entire flight of my stairs, twist my ankle, and lose my voice! I would say what's next but someone told me to never ask that!

Yesterday was awesome...we were meltdown free. He just had a really good day. Thursday and today, we had meltdowns. I think he starts missing his friends and everyone at the orphanage and he doesn't know how to process or share those feelings with us so his meltdown mode sets in. He pushes us away and won't make eye contact. We just hold him close and tell him we love him and it's okay to be sad and miss his friends. The only thing that snaps him out of a meltdown is watching the videos from his orphanage (the love of technology!). They are from February so they are very recent. They just seem to bring him comfort and then he's okay. I always start crying during the videos because I know as much as he loves his new family, he is missing his old life. So many changes for him in such a short time. During the meltdowns, he tries to push us away, and that is soooo hard. We love this little boy and we will see him through each and every meltdown no matter how emotionally draining they can be!

He has met his lolos, lolas, titos, titas, and cousins this weekend. He did really well meeting all his extended family. Tonight while reading stories to him, Ate used names of his friends from the orphange and Jay-R also renamed some of the characters lolo and lola. There is such a bond between these two siblings. He held onto Ashleigh's shirt tonight...he was not letting her leave with the cousins!

I will try to post some pictures tomorrow of this weekend. He got a bike today with training wheels so Mommy and him will have lots of fun during the days ahead. Daddy goes back to work Monday so it will just be him and Mommy during the day.

2 comments:

olivio said...

Ya tammy make sure you post the pictures from saturday. i would say with wat but that would ruin the suprise!!!!!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad that you had one meltdown-free day. Hopefully it built up some of your patience and wits, both of which I know I feel like I'm losing when we experience those. Technology IS awesome. I am so glad to hear that you have such great techniques for helping him work through the grieving process. You guys are doing such a great job.