




We're home and oh does it feel good! The last night in the hotel was trying. Jay-R had a meltdown and Ate Ashleigh who is a genius found the one and only thing to bring him comfort...Youtube videos from the orphange. He watched and sang along. Here is the link to the video he particularly liked. He is the second boy from the end on the right. These videos and songs brought him so much comfort. We know he is greiving the loss of his friends, caregivers, and former life.
This is worth sharing... we went through 3 security points in the Manila airport. We had to go through our third round of security before we could even sit at our gate. Kory and Jay-R had to go to the bathroom which required going out of the security zone. Kory said two airport workers handed him paper towels and then wanted a tip. Meanwhile, Jay-R ran out of the bathroom. The workers would not let Kory through until he tipped them. Then, he had to find Jay-R and go through security again. We were all so ready to go home. We had a few meltdowns on the plane, but overall, he did really well and he was really excited to go home!
Okay, after an emotionally draining night last night and going to bed at 5 pm...we were all exhausted....we were up at 4 am. Thomas is on Ate's TV and he is ready for breakfast. We were so lax in what we allowed him to eat while in the Phils so we need to make him eat food besides sweets and French Fries. He won't eat rice...amazing!
Okay, I am going to post some of our favorite pictures of the little man. The three shots of him with us individually are at the initial meeting at the orphanage. The one is from Star City amusement park and the other one is at the Church of God in the Philippines. I will post more later, too, and if you are on Facebook, I am going to post pictures, there, too.
Kory is the best daddy ever (by ashleigh)!
9 comments:
So happy to hear you're safe at home! Prayers & best wishes to you all as you bond & adjust to being a family of four! I'll be checking out the photos on facebook. :o)
Lisa Masters
I have enjoyed the updates on your blog as well as on facebook. I saw the pics on facebook first this morning. They are great. We can't wait to see all of you
I'm so glad you got home safely!! Can't wait to meet him and see all of the new pics! That youtube video was adorable!! Good thing you have that to help comfort him! Love ya!//
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! How great this is!! So glad you are home safe with your new son. Congrats!!
We are so happy for your family and we can't wait to meet Jay-R.
Maya is excited about having a new
cousin and can't wait to meet Jay-R
at the Lake this summer. It was really fun following your journey.
Many Hugs to all of you,
Aunt Dee, Uncle Ron and Maya Kay
wow I can't wait to meet the little guy!!!!
this was olivio
How smart to have him watch the videos from the orphanage!!!! A couple of Eze's meltdowns were quieted by talking about his friends and caregivers from the orphanage.
Ugh. The Manila airport. Probably the main thing keeping me from wanting to adopt from the Philippines again!!!
So glad that you are all home safe and sound. I've loved reading about the details from your trip.
Welcome home! It must feel great to finally be home in your own surroundings and to have your son home as well. Enjoy every minute!!
Post a Comment