Saturday, October 31, 2009

Melts my heart...

We were hanging out on the couch this morning, eating breakfast, watching Saturday morning cartoons, and just enjoying not having anywhere to go. Jay-R looked at me, gave me a great big hug, and said, "Thanks for coming to get me, Mommy."

Melted my heart. We talk about his adoption and his life in the Philippines openly. To hear him say that, just melted my heart. He understands that he is adopted, and that it's okay to be adopted. It helps, too, that in our small community, there are several children who are adopted in his kindergarten grade.

In the next sentence, he says, "Mommy, I want a bigger house so I can have a brother and another sister." Um, we'll have to see on that one...

8 comments:

Renee and Brian said...

Wow, what a special little boy you have! I can see how he melts your heart. Do you have any plans on another brother or sister???

Julie said...

That is so cute!! We talk about the Philippines and being adopted a lot also. Shella May requests more siblings, then she thinks about it and decides that she doesn't want to share mommy and daddy with any more people:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love love love this post. So sweet :)

Allison Family said...

To answer your question Renee, I am open to adopting another child. I always thought I would want four children. My husband on the otherhand is not so sure. So, for the time being, we are a two child family. Maybe in a couple of years...

Tam-A-Roo said...

wow...that brought tears to my eyes! What an amazing moment for you to share with your son! Good luck convincing your hubby about #3and #4!!

Amber said...

That is sooo sweet! Wow, talk about melting your heart...what a special little boy you have :-)

It's great that you guys talk openly about the adoption like this...I hope to do the same with our child someday. As for more children, you don't have to decide today...time will tell!!

Kandy said...

How precious! Better start making plans for that brother or sister!:) Glad that trick or treating was fun!

The dB family said...

Ohhh! I love this! I'm reading a book on toddler adoption right now and she talks about moments like this. What a sweet sweet boy and awesome parents he has!

Blessings!
Deborah