I hate the thought of leaving these smiling faces for a few days...Another First....I leave Wednesday bright and early to go to a conference three hours from home. I always go every October to get my CEUs that I need to keep my job certification. It's a great time to gain new knowledge, get refreshed, and network with others in the field. But, it means leaving home for a couple days. I get home Friday afternoon. I have never left Jay-R overnight before so this will be a new experience. Of course, by now, he has learned that when Mommy leaves, she always comes back but she's always there at bedtime! Hubby got a little practice playing single daddy last week when I was ill so hopefully things go smoothly when I'm gone. I tried to explain it to Jay-R in terms he would understand and told him Mommy's work was sending her to school for a few days at a hotel. This morning when I took him to school, before he got out of the car, he said, "Mommy, you going to school today?" "No, honey, just work." "Okay, bye, love you!" I knew this would cause him some anxiety, and he's been asking about it, but they'll be okay. Ashleigh and Kory don't like it when I'm gone, either. I joke with them that they miss someone cooking for them! Ashleigh did appreciate the homecooked meal last night even if it was just spaghetti...Daddy's not much of a cook! Please pray for my family and my safe travels!
2 comments:
It is always hard to leave the kids behind for a day or two, but it will probably be a great break for you and like you said a chance to socialize with others and get refreshed. Have fun on your trip and I am sure all your kids will be excited for your return.
How funny, I have to go to a conference for work for the next few days also. I am nervous about leaving them all home alone also. I meant to be organized and have some things for dinner laid out, oh well. Have a good time at your conference and I pray for your happy return home.
Post a Comment