Friday, April 17, 2009

Sleep, Sun, Soccer, and School




That pretty much sums up my life these past few days. Jay-R started preschool Thursday and loved it. He told me they did letters, colors, music, juice...he had a great time. They played outside on the playground. I love the fact that I can see the playground of the preschool from my backyard. Jay-R had fun watching the kids playing today. The only issue we had at school was he had an accident. I think it was the language difference and being in a new setting. I had told his teacher the Filipino words he uses but he apparently did not tell her. Hopefully, this doesn't happen again. He is looking forward to preschool on Tuesday.




Sleep continues to be an issue. He is okay with me being on my computer (as I am right now) in his room while he falls asleep but the issue is he keeps waking up in the middle of the night. Honestly, he was awake every hour last night. I eventually put him in bed with us but he still kept waking up kicking and screaming...we're not sure what that was all about. He may of had a bad dream, not sure. He is also coming down with a cold so that doesn't help. I got him some medicine today so hopefully that helps. We are thinking a bedtime snack might help, too, because he usually won't eat much dinner. We'll see. I am hoping he falls asleep soon because Ashleigh has an early morning soccer game and then we have a birthday party.




Sun...what more can I say. The past two days have been beautiful and we have been able to go outside...that is good medicine for everyone's soul! Spring is finally here! The two pictures are from Easter at my parents house. My family feels complete...I have both my kids now and I love them both so much! Children are such a blessing even with the ups and the downs. Enjoy your weekend. We have a busy one. Jay-R is being dedicated at church this Sunday...I'll post some pictures. He is wearing his barong, the national Filipino shirt for men for special occasions. I am using the song by Stephen Curtis Chapman-"When Love Takes You In." Then we are having a small family gathering...he is so excited we are having a party for him. He keeps saying "Jay-R's party!" He thinks it's for his birthday....I'm not quite sure how to explain the dedication to him. It's fun to see him so excited, though.

1 comment:

Renee and Brian said...

Jay-R sounds so excited about his "party". I'm sure that it will be a very special day for him and he'll just love it. I hope that the sleep issues work themselves out. I must be exhausting on both of you when he is not sleeping well. Hopefully the medicine will help him feel better.