Monday, April 27, 2009

Roadtrip

Jay-R took his first of many roadtrips to come this past weekend. We ventured to the St. Louis area to visit with Kory's family for a birthday party and a baby baptism. Jay-R met the last of his cousins. He had a blast jumping in the inflatable jump house they rented. With the weather being in the 80s, he was a sweaty mess! With all the jumping and swimming at the hotel, he was absolutely wore out and slept through the entire baby baptism. He never even knew he went to church! He did really well on both ends of the trip except for around the last 30-45 minutes. The way there, it was way late and he was just plain tired. On the way home, he was plain tired of being in his carseat. Unfortunately, on Friday he learned how to unbuckle it all by himself. He is usually good about staying in his seat but he has his moments!

Today, we visited the pediatric dentist. The poor little guy is going to have to have surgery to take care of his excessive dental issues. He has a mouth full of cavities which we were expecting could be the case with having been told this is common with older child adoption from the Philippines. We are just thankful they are all his baby teeth. We are hoping we can get this addressed and when his adult teeth come it, his dental problems will be behind him. Hopefully, this might increase his eating after the dental work is complete.

Tomorrow marks another day of preschool and the end to our unseasonably warm weather. It's back to the 60s. Oh well, it will still be warm enough for him to play with his new sand and water table he got today. He is so excited to get that thing out of the box tomorrow! I'll have to post pictures. My sister in law found colored sand so hopefully we can, too....how fun!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Hi,
I'm so glad that you found me! I've just been reading through your blog, and I find it very inspiring! It's always great to find other families adopting from the Philippines...I agree, it really does make us feel less alone and it's very helpful.

Filipinobambino's blog was the first one that I found too :0)
Reading about your experiences helps me to have a much better and more realistic idea of what to expect when our turn comes! So thank you so much for sharing.

Jay-R is such a brave little boy...he's experienced so much already in his young life! I hope that his teeth don't cause him too much pain :-(

Rachel said...

Does Jay-R get sweaty really easily? Eze does, especially when he is sleeping. I love the little ringlets that pop up from the sweat, but find it so strange that he gets hot so easily.

Aren't our boys amazing smart? I can't believe Jay-R figured out the buckle on his seat already!

So what will they do about the cavities in the baby teeth? Do they still put fillings in them?

Tam-A-Roo said...

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your journey with us! I read through your blog the other day after finding it. It is always reassuring and comforting knowing that there are other families who have gone through the same (or similar) journey. Thanks for your replies to my questions, I am getting a list together of ideas of gifts that we could buy for our little one. It's nice that Jay-R was able to choose some of them. I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle the "hospitality" issue. I like to shop but I like to shop alone. I'll have to work on that one!