Friday, August 7, 2009

Why? Why? Why?


Every child goes through the "why" stage, and Jay-R has entered this stage. Everything I tell him to do, I mean everything, is followed by a "why." I explain once, I explain twice, then by the third time, a simple "Because I said so" is the answer he gets. It's funny watching him go through these stages. The no stage, the why stage, etc. Since he has only been with us a few months and he is learning English, the stages that toddlers go through, he is going through. For instance, a lot of two year olds go through the "no" stage where "no" is the favorite reply to everything. Jay-R went through that stage about 2 weeks-3 weeks after we got home. It didn't last long. So, I'm hoping the "why" stage doesn't last long. It's one thing to be curious about something and another to say "why" to every little thing. But isn't that face with the fudgesicle beard cute...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the why stage does NOT last long its on my nerve-a-system!
Ate`Ashleigh`

Allison Family said...

If you can't tell...that comment is from his very loving sister!!! LOL!

Renee and Brian said...

I can imagine by the third time that he asks "why" that your patience is running thin. Kids do that to you but just take one look at that cute face and you just have to melt inside! He's one handsome boy and I hope that this stage is even shorter than the no stage.

Jenny said...

Love the chocolate popsicle face. Too funny that his sister had a comment. :)

Our oldest seems like she wants to know about anything and everything everytime we get in to the car to go someplace and after answering and explaining about a million things we finally just have to turn up the radio and tune her out. Ha! We call her "Triple J", jabber jaws Jaidyn.