We ventured Saturday to Fossil Park. Ashleigh and her friend had learned about the nearby park in a class at school. We're not big into fossil hunting and didn't really know what we were looking for, but we thought it would be something fun, interesting, and different to do. Despite the unseasonable chill in the air, it was fun. We found a lot of fossils with shells. I guess this park is only one in 3 I think in the world where you can go and fossil hunt. The dirt and rock are brought from nearby quarries that are rich in fossil rock.The story of one family blessed by the joys of adoption...
Monday, August 24, 2009
Fossil Hunting
We ventured Saturday to Fossil Park. Ashleigh and her friend had learned about the nearby park in a class at school. We're not big into fossil hunting and didn't really know what we were looking for, but we thought it would be something fun, interesting, and different to do. Despite the unseasonable chill in the air, it was fun. We found a lot of fossils with shells. I guess this park is only one in 3 I think in the world where you can go and fossil hunt. The dirt and rock are brought from nearby quarries that are rich in fossil rock.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
It looks like your fossil hunting adventure was a hit with the kids. I love the picture of Jay-R and Ashleigh together. Just adorable!
Looks like the kids had a great time! I think a worm would be just as interesting. I would have been right beside Jay-R digging at it! :)
Post a Comment