Ashleigh wasn't feeling so hot tonight...low grade fever. Jay-R sat by her to help her feel better.
One of Jay-R's favorite books right now is "Just Me and My Mom" by Mercer Mayer. He had a "just me and mom" day on Weds. We started at a local metropark and had a picnic. He played on the playground for a short while, walked by the lake, and then I took him to the indoor area thinking he would enjoy climbing on the fake sand dune and playing in the tree. Only the problem was....no one else was in there and it was quiet, I mean quiet. I love quiet, but to a young boy from Manila which has to be one of the loudest, busiest non-stop cities in the world, the quiet still freaks him out. This is a complete forced smile in the picture. He was peeking out at a squirrel and some birds but he wasn't too sure about being inside of there. Even after 5 months, he can't quite handle quiet yet.
His personality shining through...ornery!
Vacation Bible School...a whole week of song, crafts, fun snacks, and overall fun while learning about Bible stories and Jesus. We learned that Jay-R is quite the dancer. He never ceases to amaze me. Now that he has been here awhile and is comfortable, his true personality is shining...quite the social little guy! Ashleigh has matured and grown so much this summer. Many people in the church and other places have commented that they don't even recognize her! She has grown taller, thinned out, gotten contacts and braces, her hair has lightened and she has lost all the little girl look. I was so proud of both of them...they did a great job at the program.
This was Jay-R's first baseball game. We have a minor league team near us, the Toledo Mud Hens. The game lasted a long time due to a slow start and then a tied score in the 9th. A Mud Hen player hit a homerun to win the game. We did the wave and other crazy things as they prepared for the fireworks show. The crazy green hats were a free giveaway that night.

2 comments:
I hope Ashleigh feels better soon. I loved the picture of Jay-R staying close to his big sister. So sweet!
I think that is so interesting about Jay-R not liking silence! Usually the more noise, the better Eze sleeps still. BUT every once in a while we're noticing that too much noise gets to be too much for him.
Love the pics :)
Post a Comment