Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Recap

The weekend was wonderful. We had a great time Friday night. Jay-R did tell me that the pancuit didn't look like pancuit...I told him that Mommy did her best...and he happily ate a lot of it...in fact, he ate a lot of everything that night! That boy is growing.

Saturday, we had a great time at one of our favorite restaurant...the Back 40 Junction. I forgot my camera :( There is an old caboose car you can climb into and look around. Jay-R thought it was funny the old toilet was still in there, too!

Sunday, Kory wasn't feeling well so just the kids and I went to church. It was a beautiful day out and we enjoyed just relaxing. Kory and I finally got some pictures hung on the wall that had been sitting on the floor since June. Both of the kids have brought home their school pictures...they both have changed so much since we had pictures taken in April.

This weekend is the big birthday party. Ashleigh's birthday is in December so we are having a combined family party for their birthdays. Jay-R invited his friends, too. Ashleigh wants to have her schoolfriends for a sleepover when her birthday gets closer. We rented an indoor playarea at a local church so the kids can run off their energy and the adults can sit and relax.

What made me sad this weekend was that Jay-R said he wanted to invite Jaymark to his birthday party. Jaymark was his best bud from Whitecross. It made me so sad to hear him say that. I told him I would do what I could to find out where Jaymark is. I have hope because one of his friends adopted before him has located us and we are keeping in touch and plan to get together this summer.

Okay, back to helping Ashleigh on her 6th grade chemistry homework again...I feel like I'm in Chem 101 in college again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Allison Family - We received your comment on the blog and are thrilled to hear from another Philippine adoptive family. I'll be sure to read up on your blog as time permits. Thanks for following along! Lori Pickle, www.picklefamilynews.blogspot.com