Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More Waiting....

If there is one thing that adoption does, that is to teach a person patience! You complete all your documents, mail them off, and then wait to hear you were accepted. Then, you wait for the referral. Then you get the referral and then you wait for everything to fall into place so you can travel. Lots of waiting.

Now, we are waiting for our court date to finalize Jay-R's adoption...the last official step to the adoption process. We've been told that Filipino adoption is unique because most adoptions finalize in the international country whereas Filipino adoption finalizes in the adoptive parents' country. Our lawyer has mailed the necessary documents to our county court. So, now we wait for a court date. First, we have to present the official documents to the court before the actual court date. This way, the official docs never actually leave our hands. Then, we will be given an actual court date. We are hoping all this occurs before the end of the year. What an awesome Christmas present to know that everything is final and complete!

For now, more waiting!

6 comments:

Renee and Brian said...

Adoption is definitely all about waiting and then waiting some more. I hope that everything is finalized by the end of the year and that all your waiting will finally be over!

Julie said...

I hope your waiting is over soon. I have to admit that the waiting after you go pick up your child is far easier than the waiting before.

Allison Family said...

Yes, the waiting after the child is with you is much easier than before I agree. There is just this desire to finally have official documents in hand that say yes, we are officially, legally his parents just to do simple things like open his savings account.

emilie said...

yes --hurry up and wait -- tho' this is one of the easier waits... i think :-)

Amber said...

Yes, adoption is definitely all about waiting and patience!! Apparently people working in court rooms just LOVE adoption cases. I can understand that, since normally they have to deal with criminals, divorce or custody battles. Adoption is probably the nice part of their job :0)

The dB family said...

Yikes! I forgot about that waiting part! I would guess it's a little easier now that Jay-R is with you, but nonetheless, I hope you get a wonderful Christmas present that says your sweet boy is legally all yours and yours alone!

Blessings!
Deborah