The story of one family blessed by the joys of adoption...
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
The Big 3-0
Today, I reached another decade. Thirty...I can't believe I have lived this many years. Time goes by so fast. I had a great day...My co-workers are truly amazing...they are a great bunch of people who are great to work with and love to embarrass me. They posted posters all over the facility advertising my birthday and then posted a huge poster on the office door with my face and an announcement of my 30th. My one co-worker also announced to the entire hospital cafeteria that it was my birthday and would they please join in and sing me Happy Birthday. She said my face was the color of my bright pink top. I am a social person but I am also introverted by nature and do not like attention on myself. I had already warned my family absolutely no surprise parties. I don't like being the center of attention. I prefer to be behind the scenes. But, I appreciated all the well wishes from everyone. It's a good feeling to know you are loved! When I got home, I was greeted to a bright orange sign in my yard that read "Honk..Tammy's 30!" There were also streamers hanging from the porch awning. My children came running out laughing and wishing me Happy Birthday. My parents and in-laws joined us for dinner. I love to cook and I don't mind eating at home even on my birthday. I had made pulled pork in the crockpot so it's not like I really had to cook. Jay-R had his last tball game...a rather cold game. Gotta love Ohio weather...it's steaming hot one day and then freezing cold the next. After the game, we all gathered at our house again for Turtle Sundae Ice Cream Cake, compliments of my co-workers. So, I had a great birthday but am suffering from a stomachache from too much ice cream cake! Thanks for all the birthday wishes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds like a great day!! Maybe we can hit another year's birthday together:)
Happy 30th. How can you have 2 kids and still be so young?? I'm 31, turning 32 in the Fall, and I still don't feel old enough to be a Mom! Scary!
It sounds like you had a wonderful day and that Turtle icecream cake sounds to die for! I love cake!
you're so young! i'd love to be 30 again :-) happy (belated) birthday!
It sounds like you have a great bunch of co-workers!
Hope you had a very happy birthday! Sounds like you had fun in spite of a little friendly teasing!
Happy 30th birthday! I turned 30 on the 30th as well...but in December :0)
I'm glad that you had a great day! I know what you mean, about being introverted and not wanting to be the center of attention...but it's nice to feel loved, isn't it?!
Post a Comment