The story of one family blessed by the joys of adoption...
Friday, January 14, 2011
Anointed
Jay-R is having a hard time with me being down. He doesn't necessarily understand how much I hurt and how much pain I have. He understands on one level, but then when I can't do something with him I always have done, he is saddened. My first night home, I didn't even attempt the stairs. I could barley walk without pain. Last night, I decided I needed to go up to get some clothes so I took it slow. It went okay. So, at bedtime, I walked up the stairs to say goodnight prayers and tuck Jay-R in. I read him a short Bible bedtime story and then said prayers. After prayers, he got a sad look in his eyes and I saw them tearing up. I tried to reassure him I would be feeling better in a few days. He took his water bottle, put some water on his fingers, and leaned up to me. He anointed my forehead with water just like he sees our pastor anoint people with oil for healing at church. The faith of a child. I hugged him a long time and thanked God for both of my wonderful children. Ash has really been helping out extra with chores and with her brother. And, Kory has been a wonderful caretaker and is quick to tell me to sit down, don't do that, etc. I have been anointed and blessed with a wonderful family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a precious story! Jay R sounds like a wonderful thoughtful little boy and Ashley as well. You definitely do have two wonderful children. So much to be thankful for!! I hope that you are feeling better soon. Take care!!
What an amazing little boy. I just love this story.
The other day, Eze was naming off his friends. All of a sudden he goes, "And Jay-R, Mommy!" I couldn't believe he remembered Jay-R from meeting you guys this summer.
Aww...how sweet of Eze to remember Jay-R. We'll have to get together sometime again in the future. I love Minnesota...in the summer, though! I'm not a fan of snow!
What a beautiful family you have! Praying that your healing is quick. Such a tender heart in your little guy!
Blessings!
Deborah
Post a Comment