This child never ceases to amaze me. Tonight for dinner we had boiled dinner which I had put in the crockpot before work this morning. It consisted of potatoes, carrots, peas, cabbage, onions, and kielbasa meat. I brought home from work tonight my co-worker's famously delicious Scotcheroos and frosted cookie cake. I told everyone after they ate, we had dessert. Instead of choosing the sweets like his father and Ate, Jay-R looks at me and says, "More cabbage please!"
This past month, he has been eating just about any and everything. He likes pizza and tacos now. And cabbage! He told me that he wanted to take cabbage in his lunch at school. Silly kid! I am thankful that he is eating a healthy variety of foods now. I just need to hide all the holiday candy! Candy continues to be his favorite treat!!!
Pics to follow soon....
7 comments:
Wow! Good for you and Jay-R! We've been trying some Filipino dishes this past week. Everyone of them had been delicious so far. I hear you on hiding the candy. The kids had waaay to much of it this year.
Blessings!
Deborah
More cabbage. You've got to be kidding. I'd pick cake any day!
Too funny! One day I had given Ezekiel a cookie and I was eating some carrots. Eze set down his cookie and asked for, "carrot peez?" Silly boys.
What can be better than a chil who eat everything?? You're pretty lucky :) And who doesn't like candy? I've got a little girl here at my day-care, she's adopted from vietnam and the first thing she named was "bonbon" (candy) after she pass Halloween!!
Patriciaxx
I'm so glad you posted this as our boys favorite is cooked cabbage. They are so thrilled to see it at the dinner table or at a restaurant. I can't say I enjoy it that much but it is great to watch them do so. Lori - Iowa
I'm sure he loves healthy foods because you are a great mom and offer them often. I often take the easy way out and offer less healthy things and that is what they like now. I'm happy to hear that he loves everything you make, that makes life easier for sure.
Jay-R has great taste! Cabbage is so under-appreciated, and all the different types are yummy...though I prefer them sauteed. Go, Jay-R!
Post a Comment