I am tired. Very tired. I spent the weekend on a "me" weekend at the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference in Indy. I came home with a lot of information and ideas unique to my story. And, I came home tired. I feel inspired, though, to dig into my writing and write, write, write. I feel that my writing is my ministry. It is my God-given talent. I know I need to work hard to guard my free time, make no more committments, and work on my writing. It is a great stress reliever. And I am inpsired by the great potential material that might make it into a book someday by the words that come out of my children's mouths. Like this one...
I was told that Jay-R, my 6 year old first grader, came home from school on Friday with a girl's phone number in his pocket. And what's more...he had the number memorized!
Another one...J: "I know why you eat slow, Mommy."
Me: "Why is that?"
J: "Because you have acid reflux."
I didn't know he paid that close of attention to the things Kory and I talk about!
Kids that are so entertaining and inspiring even when you are exhausted!
2 comments:
I love it!! It cracked me up that he had her # memorized. Jaidyn came home last week telling us that her boyfriend at school broke up with her that day. What?? I didn't even know she had a boyfriend. Boy we are going to have our hands full with her soon.
Good luck with your writing. Glad that you are going to work to find time for yourself and focus on something that you enjoy so much.
He had it memorized!? That is too funny! It always amazes me a what they catch that we don't even realize.
How neat that you were able to get away and learn more about what you enjoy! Guard that time! You will be blessed because of it!
Blessings!
Deborah
Post a Comment