Friday, September 24, 2010

"The Big Question"

I was asked the "big question" again at work today-will we adopt again? The answer to this is yes, but not now. Jay-R is full of energy and honestly, I like having my children spaced 6 years apart. Ashleigh helps Jay-R. Jay-R reminds us all of the innocence of younger children and cracks us up with the things that come out of his mouth. Because my kids are spaced out, we seldom have arguments because they have such different interests and abilities. The sibling fights are usually more like "quit messing with me." On the otherhand, they do annoy each other sometimes because their interests and abilities are so different but they really do get along well. Plus, from a parenting standpoint, it spaces out expenses-prom, driving, class rings, senior pictures....will all be 6 years apart. Kory and I have a heart for older child adoption so we are thinking in a few years, we will begin thinking about adopting again. So, the answer to the big question is yes, but later, God willing.

3 comments:

Bubbis said...

You have made me so happy reading this post. Our son is 4 and we are looking at adopting again (not from the Philippines)and I've been feeling kind of sad that our children would be several years in age apart (since the country we're looking into only very young children are generally available). These days families have their children so close together that I've been feeling it's the way it should be. But after reading that this has worked out for your family and that this is something you're chosen to do, it gives me hope that everything will be o.k. I'm praying our son will be that great, caring, loving big brother! Thank you for this encouraging post! :-)

Renee and Brian said...

So Ashleigh and Jay-R will have another sibling! Will you adopt from the Philippines again this time? Exciting news even if it is not going to happen anytime soon!!!

The dB family said...

Awesome!! You need to do what works for you and your family!

Blessings!
Deborah