Sunday, August 15, 2010

He's Speaking Tagalog Again!

Our Filipino foreign exchange daughter Leigh Anne arrived on Wednesday. She is wonderful. So sweet...she fits into our family wonderfully. The awesome thing, too...Jay-R is speaking some Tagalog again. We discovered a few months ago that he still understands it, but he hasn't been able to speak it. He is now remembering words and using them. It is awesome to hear him and Leigh Anne converse together! We want him to remember his culture, and language is such a huge part of it. I am excited for what this school year holds!

7 comments:

Tam-A-Roo said...

What a great idea...having a foreign exchange student from the Philippines...truly a great way to help Jay-R to hold on to his culture and the language!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! I'm so glad to hear that it's going well so far. And especially that Jay-R is using his Tagalog again. Awesome :)

Anonymous said...

what a GREAT idea...you have given me something to think about :-)

Renee and Brian said...

It must be wonderful to hear Jay-R speaking Tagalog again. It is amazing how he has managed to remember it when he doesn't often use it. What a smart cookie!!

Jenny said...

What a great experience this will be for your family as well as Leigh Ann. Will she stay the entire year or just one semester? I would love to be able to pick up some Tagalog. However, Levi wasn't speaking any words when we got him and I didn't pick up any Tagalog either as everyone we spoke to spoke English.

The dB family said...

This is so exciting!! It must be music to your ears! What a neat experience for all of you too! I'm going to keep this in mind for our girls.

Blessings!
Deborah

Julie said...

What a great experience for everyone. I hope you are able to hear some wonderful conversations in your house.