Quiet...besides the low humming of the refrigerator and the "thinking" sounds of the computer, all is quiet here. Two children are in bed asleep along with one hubby with a headache as well as both dogs. It is pure bliss-quiet...something I haven't heard much of lately.
I need these moments of quiet solitude. Our life has been soo busy lately thus resulting in the lack of my blogging time. When I'm not at work, we're at the soccer fields, baseball diamonds, church, assisting with 6th grade math homework that resembles math I did in 8th grade...life doesn't slow down. And I'm okay right now with this. I know my children will grow up too fast and then I will have lots of moments of quiet like this. And in those times, I will wish for the yelling of "Mom!", feet running down the stairs, and even the arguing between brother and sister.
I guess I'm a little reflective right now with Mother's Day approaching. I think of Lucy a lot, Jay-R's birth mommy. No, we never met her. We know very little about her. But, I believe that she loved her little boy, and I hope she wanted more than anything for someone to love him and to take care of him in a way she wasn't able to. Regardless of the circumstances that brought Jay-R to the orphanage, there is one reality that remains. Without his birth mommy, I could not be his mommy. And for that, I am forever grateful to this woman. I hope all moms and waiting moms have a wonderful Mother's Day this weekend. And for all moms that have had to make the difficult decision for someone else to love their babies, thank you for allowing us to be moms.
3 comments:
I like your way to think... I am totally agree with you... I often think about this mom who will have to give her child to someone else... And I'm just like you so greatful for that to her and I'm greatful to her for giving birth of my child comming... You have a great harth ;)
Patriciaxx
I have just come across your blog, and I love it :-) It's funny last year was my first mother's day, having brought our son home from the Philippines, and I cried because I was so caught up with finally being a mom to a beautiful little boy - something I thought may never become a reality. This year now that I've been a mom for 18+ months, I find myself crying because I think of Nathaniel's birthmom and if it weren't for her decision, he wouldn't be ours right now. I also find myself crying for all the women out there (some very close to me) who are now experiencing the same pain that I went through wanting to be a mom so badly. It's a terrible pain, and it's a constant mourning of not having that child you so badly want...and my heart hurts for them.
I pray that the Lord would lessen their pain some how and show them that He is in control and has a perfect plan for their life.
May the Lord bless you and your family.
Jessica, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Your reflecting brought tears to my eyes. What you said is so beautiful. I hope we will have the opportunity to at least know our Little One's birthmom's name.
Thank you for sharing your quiet time thoughts.
Blessings!
Deborah
Post a Comment