Things to smile about...
*A friend of mine visited the Philippines this past July and spent some time at White Cross Children's Home, Jay-R's orphanage. She took some gifts and a photo album of Jay-R since he has been home with us. I was finally able to see the pictures yesterday. Seeing the smiles on the face of the social worker who matched us with Jay-R as she flipped through the pictures made me smile and made me teary eyed. It made my heart happy that they were able to see how happy he is and how well he is doing!
*Kory's work is thinking that maybe his crew would function better on third shift instead of second shift. We are waiting for their final decision, but it is looking promising. This makes me hopeful which brings a smile!
*Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University course we are taking at our church...love it, love it, love it! We strongly recommend it to everyone. It is a common sense, Biblical approach to finances. We have big financial goals which include adopting again, and we feel this course will help us reach our goals.
*Jay-R seems to be feeling a little better today than he did last night. And he takes his medicine without any protest...much different than Ashleigh ever was...she'll agree with me. She was the child in the commercial running away from the mom at the sight of the medicine bottle!
There are so many reasons to smile. Now, the snow falling outside...that's debatable!!!!
4 comments:
What a good idea thinking about things going well and make us smile!!! I'm so happy that this friend of yours go there in Philippines in that orphanages were your little one gets... I understand how it's emotionnal for you guys... And that course about finance, we've been taking one too me and my husband. It help us with our money and our goal... I also recommed it to everyone!!
Patriciaxx
I'm glad to hear that things are going well and my fingers are crossed that things work out and Kory's shift is changed so that he can spend more time with you guys. You can't beat a smile!
We'll say a prayer that third shift wins....I'm happy to hear that you've been able to reach out to the orphanage. I'm sure it brightens everyone's day - Lori, Iowa
I'm so thankful to read that you've found reasons to smile. Still praying for you! Your words about Jay-R's social worker brought tears to my eyes too.
Blessings!
Deborah
Post a Comment