This cute face was reduced to tears and a massive meltdown moment that lasted quite a while a few days ago. Daddy told him to do his homework, he didn't listen, and Daddy took away something he was playing with instead of doing his homework. This resulted in a major meltdown that left us wondering...what just happened here? It felt like post-Philippines just got home type of meltdown. Was the taking away of his toy related to adoption issues or was it merely a little boy trying to exert his independence in that he didn't feel like doing his homework at that moment? We find ourselves analyzing situations and wondering at times. But, the root cause does not affect the reaction from us. That kind of behavior is not acceptable. After a time-out battle and a lesson in forgiveness (his sincere "I'm sorry, Mommy" apologies, melt my heart), we were able to have an enjoyable evening. We also found ourselves wondering....could Jay-R sense that changes are coming?Last week (this same day as above meltdown), we received news that Kory has been "bumped" to 2nd shift. He went from being top of the seniority to the bottom in less than a week due to people moving around to different jobs at his factory. Kory is extremely bummed by this. He is a very involved Daddy. He had planned on helping coach Ashleigh's soccer team with me. He loves to go to the kids' activities at school, attend all their sporting events, and simply spend time with them, and oh, with me, too! I will begin to play the role of single mom during the week. We have done this over the years but never with two children. Because Kory is also working most Saturdays, we will have only Sunday to spend as a family all day. I guess the kids and I will find lots of creative things to do. We are pretty disappointed about this change in our family life and routine. Kory is also involved in different things in our church and he knows the shift change will affect these things he enjoys, too. Ashleigh understands this, she's been through this before. We haven't really explained it to Jay-R except to tell him Daddy will be working at nights. Kory made the comment that Jay-R has gone the first 5 years of his life without any father type figure in his life, and now he feels likes Jay-R is going to be robbed of his Daddy time. I keep telling Kory this is only for a season and this too shall pass. And I quote Romans 8:28-"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose". We aren't thrilled about this, but we'll make it through it!!!
And as far as the snow in the weather forecast, not thrilled about that, either!!!!
4 comments:
It's too bad that Kory's schedule has changed and that you guys won't be able to have as much family time. I'm glad to hear that it is only a short term problem though but I know that it will be difficult the next little bit. Take care. p.s. I just love Jay R's smile!
I see that you're children are a good preocupation for you... The time you would like to spend with is familly (dad)... I think that God can arange all that. Keep faith maybe it's just for a little time. He knows what's better for you're familly...
Patriciaxx
I am so sorry to read that Kory`s schedule has changed. I hope you will be able to keep busy and that you will see God working for good in this situation too.
Did you get the forecasted snow? We did!
Oh yes, the pancit recipe I've used is from allrecipes: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pork-and-Shrimp-Pancit/Detail.aspx I've never had "real" pancit yet, so I have nothing to compare this recipe to, but we do like it a lot.
Blessings and ((hugs))!!
Deborah
I'm sorry to hear about Kory's work schedule. Going through work guilt a little bit ourselves. Totally relate to the melt down episodes - are they adoption or unrelated issues? - it's always in our heads and it keeps a parent on their toes. Hang in there with the work change!
Post a Comment