The story of one family blessed by the joys of adoption...
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Sleep Success!
Finally, Jay-R is going to sleep in his bedroom at night by himself without panicking that no one is upstairs. There is the initial, "I want someone upstairs with me." Then, I reassure him he is fine and we are all downstairs if he needs anything. Then there is the hug and kiss, then another, the "I love yous" and then I flip the light off. Then, minutes later, a sleeping little boy. I think we owe Ate Ashleigh a big thank for the teddy bear Christmas lights she strung in his room. These have been a huge incentive to encouraging him to go to sleep. Also, a little bribery that he can have a small piece of candy after he eats breakfast doesn't hurt either. I know, candy in the morning is awful, but the incentive is working, he brushes his teeth well, and we are all getting sleep! Life is good! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay for Jay-R (and for you too)!!! I can't wait for Jerome to feel comfortable enough in his room to fall asleep on his own. He hasn't discovered real candy yet (other than the lollipop on the plane ride home), but thinks his gummy vitamin in the morning and evening is a big treat.
Hee hee, we bribe Ezekiel to sleep for his naps. He gets an extra special snack at naptime (for him it's Nutella :)) if he takes a nap.
Well you all must be thrilled that Jay-R is falling asleep on his own now. The teddy bear lights are a great idea a little candy bribery never hurt anyone!
Glad to hear that your bedtime routine is going smoothly. We have yet to master that. I thought it was going well, but the last few nights haven't been so nice and he has fought going to bed in his toddler bed. Levi isn't old enough to get the "bribe" thing otherwise I would come up with something in a heartbeat. :)
Post a Comment