Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A New Found Love

Running...something I once hated that I love now. I crave time to run. I love running. When I first started losing weight unexpectedly as a result of some health issues, I began working out. I decided that I would not be a weakling. I ran maybe half a mile or so on the treadmill. My sister challenged me to do a 5K. So, once I got the okay from my surgeon in February, I started running. I love it! I'm not interested in competing. I compete against me-for the sake of my health. When I feel crummy, running makes me feel better. The best part of it, it's something I can do with my kids. Ashleigh has gone on runs with me, and so has Jay-R (although he likes to do sprinting competitions with a little cheating on his part...lol!). I'm excited because I just registered for my first 5K at our local zoo. Jay-R is way excited because he's signed up for the Kids' 1K. It's next weekend already! Ashleigh has other commitments, but she plans to join me for a 5K later this summer. I will post pictures. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Good for you! You will love the 5k's. They are kind of a social event and I love them because there are people of all ages and fitness levels who run/walk them. You might just have found yourself a new activity...Good luck!

Renee and Brian said...

Good for you!!! I love running and it is such a wonderful way to start off the day. You're going to love it once your body gets used to it and it is such a wonderful way to get outside and soak up all of the beautiful things around you. Run during sunrise one morning. That's my favorite time!!
Happy Mother's Day today. Hope you have a great day with your two cuties!

The dB family said...

Way to go!! I used to be a runner, but just cannot get excited about it anymore these days. I have to get back at the work outs though. Looking forward to seeing photos!

Happy running :o)!
Deborah