One of the things about goldfish, they don't usually live long.
We had a busy day filled with two soccer games, soccer pictures, a wedding (Jay-R's first), and a fun wedding reception. Jay-R came home excited and ready to feed his fish. Only, his Ate found the fish floating belly side up in the bowl. Not a good sign....
The tears flowed when I had to explain for the first time to Jay-R that something he loved had died. Another loss in his life....he cried and cried and cried. I comforted him, reassured him he had done a wonderful job taking care of and loving his fish. Poor little guy....
On a positive note, the wedding reception had mini goldfish bowls with goldfish sitting on all the tables. The children were allowed to take one home. Ashleigh had taken one home. So, we now are the proud owners of Butta, the goldfish number two.
Another life lesson learned.
3 comments:
Oh sad :( I'm so glad that you guys were there to comfort him. And that now there is Butta to help heal those hurts :) I loved your other post about Mr Social too. I love how quickly he has made friends. That is great!
So sorry to hear about the fish. I'm sure the crying was so hard to hear because you just want to take that pain away for him. Hopefully goldfish number 2 lives a little longer.
We're not the only ones to suffer the loss...Ashleigh's soccer teammate won two goldfish from the fair and they're both dead! I told Jay-R I don't think those fair people know how to take care of fish!
Post a Comment