I wasn't planning on blogging today. I have a million things to do before we leave for Tennessee tomorrow for an awesome weekend with my family. Gatlinburg, Tennessee holds a special place in our hearts and marriage...for one, it was our first vacation together and two, we were married there. I think in 12 years, we've been there around 15 times at least! Anyway....
A phone call changed my blogging plans. Kory called me at work all excited. When he came home from work, the answering machine was blinking. It was a call from a woman in Wisconsin who adopted a boy from the same orphanage as Jay-R. Apparently, their son talks about Jay-R all the time and through some searching via her social worker, they found out Jay-R was not so far away in Ohio. Knowing now how social our son is, I'm sure he was good friends with many of the boys. I guess this family has video with Jay-R that they had taken when picking up their son. Kory talked to her for some length of time and learned a lot about their son. We are really needing to get a web cam so we can skype this family as well as our foreign exchange friend who is back in the Philippines. And hopefully, in the not too distant future, we'll be able to reunite our sons for a playdate!
This brings a smile to my face. God is so awesome. Adoption is awesome...it brings children to loving homes and gives mommies, daddies, and big sisters someone else to love. And it allows friendships from half way around the world to still continue. We are so excited about the opportunity for Jay-R to rekindle this friendship. God is good!
This story is to be continued....
3 comments:
I love this story!! I hope you can get the two together sometime.
That just is so awsome! GOD IS GOOD!!!!
That's such an awesome story! Isn't the world a small place?! I hope the boys get to reunite sometime soon...
Post a Comment