Saturday, May 24, 2008

Always something to do...

Yesterday, I spoke with a nurse from the Health Dpt about necessary immunizations we will need for travel overseas. We need to get our Hep. A immunizations now because six months later, a booster is required. Ashleigh is not looking forward to a shot but she has always done fine. I remember at her five year old vaccinations, she watched the nurse put the needle in her arm, never flinched or cried. I am not crazy about needles, but I have learned to look away, and all is fine. We need a couple other things (typhoid immunization and anti-malaria meds) but those wait until closer to travel date.

It's all so exciting, scary, overwhelming, exciting, so many emotions tied into one wonderful feeling at the thought of a new person becoming a part of our family.

Well, we are all going to relax, enjoy some sun (although not very warm), and spend some time with family this Memorial Weekend. Happy Memorial to everyone!

No comments: